Archinect
anchor

Yale Housing

Hey,

When considering Yale graduate housing, students generally apply for living in the university buildings or rather outside Yale? I will not be able to attend open house and would like to have some advice about..

Thanks!

Mar 31, 19 6:43 pm
TL44

Mostly off campus. East Rock has great affordable options, but if you're studying architecture you might prefer to live downtown and pay a bit more. Lots of options on Craigslist.  

Apr 1, 19 10:23 am  · 
 · 

I didn't know a single YSOA student living in graduate housing. Nearly everyone lives between Howe and Dwight St. It gets pretty shady past Dwight St. East Rock is a wonderful place to live, but you will be far from friends and studio. Getting to and from school will take lots of extra time... which isn't fun late at night or when theres 3'-0" snow. Most people found other YSOA students through Open House, Archinect, Facebook, etc and paired up to find housing. 

Apr 1, 19 11:38 am  · 
 · 
3tk

I had a friend in YSOA housing, but most are in private housing.  Dwight St is as far north as you would want to go (and that is a bit sketchy), there are quite a few new apartment buildings downtown (along Crown St), so it should be easier finding decent options.

Apr 2, 19 11:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: