Archinect
anchor

Does any of you take psychiatric medication?

Scent_of_a_woman

I was wondering if any members of the forum have mental health issues and as a result take psychiatric drugs daily. 

Personally, I have been diagnosed with psychotic depression and have been taking antipsychotics and antidepressants for the past year. 

Working in architecture can be very stressful and disappointing at times. My employer is not aware of the nature of my health issue as I am afraid to disclose it due to the stigma associated with it, as well as the lack of awareness or sensitivity of many people towards mental health. 

I would be happy to hear your stories. 

Mar 28, 19 9:57 pm
curtkram

*do

Mar 28, 19 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Nope. 

Mar 28, 19 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
Scent_of_a_woman

Tintt, you mentioned in the past that you have
bipolar. Are you denying this now?

Mar 28, 19 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I don't have it. It was not an accurate diagnosis.

Mar 28, 19 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Do I know you?

Mar 28, 19 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Not yet (fingers crossed)

Mar 29, 19 4:20 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

does Guinness count?

Mar 29, 19 6:19 am  · 
 · 
workmorelivemore

Not in architecture, but Dale Chihuly has bipolar disorder.

Mar 29, 19 7:46 am  · 
 · 

tttt, I don't know where you are located but this might be of interest: https://www.amwf.co.uk/

Also this: https://archinect.com/news/article/150063848/archinect-sessions-episode-121-mental-health-in-architecture

I've been on Prozac since peri-menopause hit and it's been extremely helpful. I also do talk therapy every other week. There's no shame in any of this - contemporary life has an intense impact on our brains and emotions. 

Mar 29, 19 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Can we make nominations?

Mar 29, 19 1:13 pm  · 
 · 

LOL!

Mar 29, 19 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

No medications, but I do go to talk therapy for my mind, and physiotherapy for my body. I'm very open about it - not because I want to unload on anyone, but because for whatever reason we still have stigmas about these things. My own brother has bipolar, and he's far, far more successful than me, professionally. 

Mar 29, 19 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: