Archinect
anchor

Interesting, Walkable LI and Maker Space Development Examples

Larchinect

We have a client developing approximately 100 acres aimed at Light Industrial users. 

Their expectation is the typical 80's vintage "industrial park", ie large footprint single story buildings, lots of pavement/yard space and everything goes to bed at 5pm.

We are trying to push them toward a more mixed-use model with somewhat higher architectural standards and bike-ped infrastructure. Think: cool brew pub anchor with some live-work lofts across the street and some raw LI/'Maker' studios across from that. Of course there'd be a mehanic or two, maybe larger biotech, and typical food processing type stuff...

I'm getting desperate for some interesting examples large or small. Ideally, a district or development not just a standalone project. I recall finding something in Washington, maybe Tacoma a while back but cant find it again.

Any examples or places to look much appreciated!

Mar 25, 19 9:40 pm
won and done williams

A couple Detroit examples:

Check out Post

Check out Ponyride

Also Ivywild school (Colorado Springs)

Maybe Plexpod (Kansas City)

Most of the best examples I'm familiar with are adaptive reuse. 

Mar 26, 19 10:24 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Also district-scale: Portland Pearl District, Wynwood Miami, maybe relevant. 100 acres is huge!

Mar 26, 19 10:28 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

One more came to mind: Navy Yard, Philadelphia

Mar 26, 19 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: