Archinect
anchor

Questions About Being An Architect

evanchismark

I am currently in school at FSCJ. An assignment for the Human Relations in Business & Industry requires an interview with someone in the field I am pursuing. These are questions from the book. I have done some research on this as well but I was hoping to get some first hand answers to these questions.

1. The nature of the work. What are the duties and responsibilities on a day-to-day basis?

2. Working conditions. Is the working environment pleasant or unpleasant, low-key or high-pressure?

3. Job entry requirements. What kind of education and training are required to break into this occupational area?

4. Potential earnings. What are the entry-level salaries, and how much can you hope to earn if you are successful in this field?

5. Opportunities for advancement. How do you move up in this field? Are there adequate opportunities for promotion and advancement?

6. Intrinsic job satisfactions. What can you gain in the way of personal satisfaction from this job?

7. Future outlook. How is the supply and demand projected to shape up in the future for this occupational area?

Mar 17, 19 11:48 pm
Non Sequitur

Stop being lazy, pick up a phone, and call a few local offices and ask someone.  Don't just post dumb-ass generic questions online and expect to get quality & free answers.

Mar 18, 19 8:33 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Also... FSCJ = Florida State College Jacksonville?

Do they even have an accredited arch program?  How are they ranked?

Mar 18, 19 8:35 am  · 
 · 
G4tor

1. The nature of the work. What are the duties and responsibilities on a day-to-day basis? I mainly archinect half the time and facebook the other half.

2. Working conditions. Is the working environment pleasant or unpleasant, low-key or high-pressure? It's pretty high-pressure, I'm trying my darndest not to get caught.

3. Job entry requirements. What kind of education and training are required to break into this occupational area? I reckon I just need to say I can draw pretty pictures of buildings.

4. Potential earnings. What are the entry-level salaries, and how much can you hope to earn if you are successful in this field? Entry-level salary is close to a burger flipper but hey, I'm indoors responding to an Archinect post.... no complaints here.

5. Opportunities for advancement. How do you move up in this field? Are there adequate opportunities for promotion and advancement? I guess you move up the same way you do in any other field, n-e-p-o-t-i-s-m.

6. Intrinsic job satisfactions. What can you gain in the way of personal satisfaction from this job? See #1

7. Future outlook. How is the supply and demand projected to shape up in the future for this occupational area? Idk man, I'm not a fortune teller. If i was, i wouldn't have gone into architecture :-\

Mar 18, 19 11:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: