Archinect
anchor

Realistic Approach for Architectural Drafter

typrimers

I’m currently pursuing an associate degree in drafting and design in Kansas City Missouri, while at the same time building a real estate investment company. My goal is to become an architectural drafter/designer so that I can develop my own plans, team up with an engineer to get them stamped and then build them. I was wondering from an architects perspective , what in between steps would help keep this goal realistic? There’s not many architectural drafting jobs available in the area at this time but the market is open for new construction in certain parts of town so I’m wondering how can I get the most experience designing effectively without taking on the extreme debt of going for a masters in architecture degree. Thanks for any helpful advice in advance.

Mar 3, 19 11:01 am
Non Sequitur

Go work for a general contractor.

Mar 3, 19 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
theTguy

I think it is also good to have a look if there are any freelance drafting jobs open online and get a better picture of what you usually need in the drawing from clients.

Mar 4, 19 1:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: