Archinect
anchor

I don’t have enough money to study architecture as an international student

tijaguvaitė

I live in Europe, but from a small age I dreamed about becoming an architect in USA. The problem is that I don’t have enough money to study in the states, as I live with a single mom who gets 500€ a month. That’s her wage. 

All the universities I looked into have big costs. Also I can’t study in Europe, because the programs there aren’t accredited by NAAB. 

What ahould I do? Becoming an architect and working in USA is my life long dream?

Mar 3, 19 10:20 am
Non Sequitur

get a part time job and help with the household bills first, then reconsider your career goals accordingly. 

Mar 3, 19 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i've found that a lot of times life just doesn't work out the way i want.  maybe you can do a gofundme?

Mar 3, 19 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Study in Europe, become an architect there, and later emigrate to the US if you still want to? Just an idea. Besides it sounds like you mom could use some financial help. You might be better off financially in Euroland. After you get your degree and experience the NCARB will evaluate you to see if they will allow you to practice in the US.

Mar 3, 19 1:17 pm  · 
 · 

Be careful about what you wish for.

Mar 3, 19 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Almost nobody has enough money to study (architecture) in the US, a way to keep their masses dumb apparently. Don't know where you are located but there are affordable options out here in Europe, really: https://www.mastersportal.com/...

Just for clarification purposes, are you living with a single mum that provides for you and her kid, or are you the kid and your mum is single and providing for the both of you?

Mar 3, 19 4:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: