Archinect
anchor

The Psychology of Architecture

karyssa2

So, how do architects view the world around them? Do they see it differently than most other folks? Like, say you walk into a doctor's office. Most of us are just reading papers, twiddling our thumbs, or whatever, just waiting for the doctor. But architects, are they looking around the room to take in all the little details? Like, maybe the walls are off just an inch. Or the ceiling should be a tad bit higher or lower? Or there's a few small cracks in that wall over there? Or maybe the window is a bit crooked?

Do architects just long for something like the Farnsworth House, where they could just sit back in the woods and not look at the built environment after a long day's work? Or do they long for the city, where they could take in the grandest of what the built environment could possibly award us?

Mar 2, 19 9:49 pm
curtkram

yes.  ceiling grids, slivers, and whether they have a fine fissure like dune or the big holes like cortega.  also if they have the tegular edge.  also, i think most architects like the city, but that's probably personal preference.  i'd be fine living out my days on walden pond.

Mar 2, 19 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Can only say how I see the world around me, obviously...and it's flat 1920x1080

Mar 3, 19 2:26 am  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

^ the psychology patient of architecture

Mar 3, 19 10:43 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Not really cool to mock mental health issues/patients but more importantly the only connection with "architecture" I see is an archinect account.

Mar 4, 19 3:15 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

More like expansion joints and flashing. And code violations. 

Mar 4, 19 5:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: