Archinect
anchor

Interview - printed or digital porftolio?

ff9208

Hello all,

I have a few interviews next week, and I am wondering what you all think about brining my portfolio digitally in my tablet instead of printing it. The portfolio itself is designed for screen-view, and I truly believe it is way more practical that way. 

Is this seen poorly? Would you appreciate it? I would still bring my resume, references and cover letter printed to leave with them. 

Thank you

Feb 28, 19 2:25 pm
randomised

As long as they like what they see it really doesn't matter.

Feb 28, 19 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I prefer print.  Easier to skim through and if you give your folio a clever bounding or stock weight, then it's an additional level of personnalisation not available in digital.  I care for these things, often more than the generic renderings that plague most portfolios.  I'm willing to be proven wrong tho... so fight me if you dare, but only if there are ample Guinness available.  

Hard to share one ipad if more than one person is present at the interview.

Feb 28, 19 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Who brings only one iPad to an interview?

Feb 28, 19 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
ff9208

Non, yes I agree with the practicality of the printed portfolio. This is exactly why I am on the fence about it. However, being able to zoom into the work and see it in digital quality is what pushes me to bring it digitally. I am thinking of brining a small printed version along so they can flip through it and keep it. However, the main presentation would happen through the tablet. No?

Feb 28, 19 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
ff9208

Also, I understand that the firms I will interview with will have a screen where my portfolio will be pulled up. Brining my own almost seems redundant, but they asked for it..

Feb 28, 19 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Each page on a separate iPad so you can flip through your presentation one iPad at a time and zoom into the work as well!

Feb 28, 19 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
ff9208

Yes. I plan non bringing the conventional amount of 6 tablets per interviewer. I'm not that naive...

Feb 28, 19 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I just lost it laughing in the office at the thought of a stack of 40 ipads for an interview.

Feb 28, 19 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
ff9208

Non, it's not funny. The world is evolving haha

Feb 28, 19 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

The world revolving

Feb 28, 19 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
ff9208

This is the portfolio, in case it matters:​ https://fjfdesign.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/digital-portfolio.pdf I'm sure you can see why the portfolio looks/reads better on a screen

Feb 28, 19 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Still too many balloons. I do love that photograph by Catherine Guidry of that facade with the three open bathroom/toilet windows.

Feb 28, 19 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
ff9208

I have a thing for balloons... It is always great to hear the best thing in my portfolio is a photograph by Catherine Guidry.

Feb 28, 19 5:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: