Archinect
anchor

MEP engineer

cpickering

I am a self employed PE in Texas trying to get MEP work from architects for their projects.  It's been really difficult to get in the door with any of them.  Are there any secrets?  What is the best way to approach architects and their firms?  Looking for any help.  Thanks.

Feb 25, 19 10:07 am
chigurh

work cheap at first, listen, don't nickle and dime every iteration, understand that design is a process and build that into your fee.  If you are going to deliver the project in revit or BIM, actually do it.  Applies across the board for all MEP engineers as most are pretty bad in my experience....if you want to put package units on a roof all day, custom architectural work isn't for you. 

Feb 25, 19 10:41 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Have a common client or client type.  Bring something to the table other than just your design services. 

Feb 25, 19 10:44 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Don't start off your drawings by copy-pasting your last similar project into a new titleblock.  

Feb 25, 19 10:56 am  · 
 · 
cpickering

That's all great advice.  Thanks.  I've been doing a lot of work with a commercial property leasing company so I've been trying to get in with a bunch of them.

Feb 25, 19 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: