Archinect
anchor

A good place to print portfolio in NYC

I've ordered a few copies of my portfolio from an online printing site, but they might arrive later than I need them. I need to get some extra copies before that. Does anybody know a good place in NYC (preferably in Brooklyn or Manhattan) that won't be exorbitantly overpriced and will get the job done? I'm talking about physical shops by the way, not online ones.

I appreciate your help.

Feb 24, 19 3:06 pm
allumers

village copier in east village has always been quick and easy 

Feb 25, 19 9:53 am  · 
 · 

Thanks! I think I'll give them a try

Feb 26, 19 9:39 am  · 
 · 
archinine
Kinkos is the cheapest and fastest if you come with all your materials ready to go on a flash drive. I recommend finding a less busy (aka not downtown) location in Brooklyn, preferably in the middle of the weekday. Village copy is ok and usually has no line, but the printer and paper available isn’t as nice (last I checked). Steer clear of midtown shops as you’ll get gouged.

Also why do you need multiple copies? If this is for interviews just bring the one with you. No one is expecting you leave behind a full portfolio. A work sample sure, but not the whole book.
Feb 25, 19 8:01 pm  · 
 · 

Last time I tried Kinkos they treated me like dirt and it was overpriced. Thanks for the Midtown tip by the way! Also, I want to bring multiple copies just in case.

Feb 26, 19 9:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: