Archinect
anchor

I need help.

georgiepiercey1

I’m a 15 year old who has been thinking about architecture for so long. I design loads of models on games and really get stuck in and won’t come off until I am satisfied with what I have done. I was wondering if it would be the best career option for me as I am quite money motivated but I want to earn while I’m quite young and don’t like the idea of going to uni and doing a 7 year degree. I’m really creative but I don’t get maths or physics at all I just don’t click with it so I have the creativity but not the logic so once again I don’t know if this is the best career for me. I want to make massive houses and hotels and hate the idea of doing like house extensions. So basically I want a career that is financially rewarding and a high degree of satisfaction. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Many thanks, Georgie.

Feb 11, 19 12:01 pm
Non Sequitur

Physics are important and you'll need an above average understanding of math...  Not "clicking" with either is not something to be proud of nor is it an excuse.  Clean-up your act and take evening/summer courses to catch up.  Too many kids just give up because #mathshard.  Seriously, you'll thank me one day.

Anyways, ignoring the above digression, understanding space via 3D modeling is a good thing and following through with architecture will certainly allow you to push that interest.  The rest of your post is utter teenage lazy jive.  Depending on your country and licensing rules (I'm assuming 'Merican), you'll require either a B.Arch (5years) or an accredited Masters (Bachelors + 2-3years) followed by several years of internship prior to even writing your exams.  Consider that path vs your "I want to design famous hotel" line above.  Perspective here is important and you don't just get to jump into that level simply because you hate the idea of house additions.

Since you don't understand math, I'll assume you're expecting 6-figure salaries and google office type workspace.  That won't happen, ever, and it takes a fair amount of effort (and experience) before you get to a place where someone will hand you a project to design and double that until you start making some money.   

Feb 11, 19 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
Steeplechase

We don’t say “maths” here. But this is good advice. Design is much more than you likely appreciate.

Feb 11, 19 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

If you are money motivated you need to be a bankster, shyster, arms merchant, drug dealer, etc.

Feb 11, 19 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

how do i transition from architect to arms dealer?

Feb 12, 19 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

No licensure required to become a Minecraft architect :)

Feb 11, 19 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
krystianturlej

Xddd

Feb 12, 19 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

How about doing all the 3d modeling for video games/movies? Theres money in those industries...

Feb 11, 19 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Witty Banter

Step 1.  Ignore anything posted by JawkneeMusic

Feb 12, 19 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

note, Jawknee has no concept of what is required. He’s just a disillusioned child with a twitter account. 

Feb 12, 19 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

And apparently skipped remedial English class as well.

Feb 13, 19 9:32 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

That's not the only thing he skipped.

Feb 13, 19 9:36 am  · 
 · 
G4tor

>financially rewarding

>a high degree of satisfaction

>being an architect

Pick one

Feb 13, 19 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
N.TW

stick to games if you are interested in  money 

Feb 14, 19 1:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: