Archinect
anchor

Need Someone to Review Tenant Improvement Plans/Drawings and Stamp

barrycw12

I worked with a retail interior designer to provide floor plans for a convenience store I am opening. However, when I took the drawings/plan to the city they said they need to be stamped by a licensed architect in California. 

I am not doing any type of remodeling at all. The only thing that the store needed is new paint and new flooring installed and that is it. 

I need to install all the fixtures (Aisle and Wall Gondola Units, Glass showcases and counters and slatwall panels). My plans indicate this and I planned on attaching or including the spec sheets for the shelving units. 

I received a quote for an architect to review my plans and stamp them but it was a lot considering that my designer said he can make the changes and then send the plans back to him to review and once finalized stamp them to submit to the city. 

I am at a loss on what to do here. Any help is appreciated! 

Jan 11, 19 7:24 pm
Non Sequitur

Pay the architect.

Jan 11, 19 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyup

Jan 11, 19 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Since your designer didn't apparently know an architect's stamp would be required, I wouldn't accord great credibility to him/her.  Remember, the architect isn't just looking at the drawings, he is taking liability.  The designer is effectively off the hook.  Stamping drawings is an invitation to a lawsuit, and the architect deserves to be paid for taking the risk.

Jan 11, 19 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
Mr Almost Architect

*upvotes*

Jan 12, 19 1:55 am  · 
 · 
citizen

^ +++

Jan 12, 19 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

what city? As a licensed architect in Ny, this city is one of the most complicated...

Jan 11, 19 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

I also happen to be licensed in california..

Jan 11, 19 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

How much was the fee?

Jan 11, 19 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

crickets chirping ............................................

Jan 12, 19 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

That's fairly typical of the newbie, please-help-me-but-I-don't-want-to-spend-any-money poster here. Once a few "hire an architect" responses go up, rarely a 2nd comment.

Jan 12, 19 6:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: