Archinect
anchor

Portfolio review

jasonmou

Hi everbody

I like to hear your opinion about my portfolio :) Its professional work where I have been a key figure in the project and some student project.

I like the portfolio to show who I am as an architect with projects I really enjoyed on.

It short, I know, but with a verity project that serve as an appetizer. Usually I bring one or two project to the interview.

https://issuu.com/simonmou/doc...

Lots of thanks, and merry Christmas everbody.

Dec 20, 18 7:41 am
Non Sequitur

Get rid of that self-rated software skill graph... it's dumb and irrelevant.  Let the employer decide, by looking at the images, if your software chops are good enough.  Those section drawings... specially the one awkwardly straddling the gutter on pages 8-9 needs lots of love to make visually pleasant... def not a 5 out 5 in illustrator and photoshop skills if you bring a folio like that. 

What's also missing is progress work and dirty napkin sketches.  Show some of your thought process and ability to draw/sketch/think through a design.  Everyone can press the little tea kettle icon and shit-out the same renderings.  Where's the funk? Where's what makes you special?

Dec 20, 18 8:32 am  · 
 · 
lower.case.yao

Drawings need better lineweights and hierarchy, doesn’t look like professional work.

Dec 20, 18 11:36 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

always with the fucking headshots 

Dec 20, 18 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: