Archinect
anchor

Critique my MArch Portfolio please

ff9208

Hello everyone,

I have gained a lot of knowledge and gotten some great advice in the last few months here in Archinect as I work on my applications to post-professional degrees. I wanted to reach out and ask you for a final critique on my portfolio before I send it off to universities.

These are the universities I am applying to in order of personal preference.

Ryerson University - Master of Building Sience

McGill University - Master of Urban Design and Housing

UT Austin - Master of Science in Sustainable Design

University of Maryland - Master of Sustainable Design

GPA: 3.87 (Graduate), 3.67 (Undergraduate)

Portfolio: https://fjfdesign.files.wordpr...

I appreciate your comments on my portfolio and on my competency for the schools I am applying to!

Dec 15, 18 1:58 pm
lower.case.yao

I suggest you place Ascend as your first project. The amount of process and thought you show into developing that project puts your thesis to shame. As it were, I would even say you should delete the word “thesis” from your thesis project because it doesnt show any thought or analysis that people expect out of a thesis project, sorry. By reading your abstract, I expected a lot more out of the project unfortunately. Either lower expectations by rewriting the text or add more process, because the design right now doesnt really represent anything you said.

Watch out for typos and grammar too.

Dec 22, 18 4:52 am  · 
 · 
ff9208

Thank you! I have a lot more thesis progress work available, so I'll look into adding it. ASCEND is in fact my favorite project so putting it first might be a good idea anyways. Thanks for the feedback!

Dec 27, 18 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
ff9208

Bump 

More opinions would be highly appreciated.

Dec 28, 18 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
ff9208

Updated: https://fjfdesign.files.wordpr...

Dec 28, 18 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: