Archinect
anchor

Mortal Engines

axonapoplectic

Anyone read the books?  interested in the movie?  thoughts?

The previews for the movie remind me of Ron Herron's walking cities.

Nov 28, 18 10:59 pm

I LOVED the books and I'm so excited for the movie!!!!  The infrastructure described in the books was cool, and the extrapolation of consumer culture into entire city-organisms was so terrifying. Also: critique of social stratification and a strong female lead.  Love.

Nov 28, 18 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
axonapoplectic

I’m going to have to add them to my reading list. I haven’t read good sci-fi ina while.

Nov 30, 18 9:13 pm  · 
 · 

Also: Grike, the Stalker, was a f'ing terrifying character. At the very end of the books  - this is NOT a spoiler - Grike describes himself as "a machine for remembering" which I think is beautiful.

My one disappointment with the visuals I've seen so far is Hester's face. She's supposed to be radically damaged, with one eye and a terrifying gaping scar across her face. Of course, for the movie, she has an elegant scratch as a mysterious accent to a beautiful face. But, whatever. It's Hollywood.

Nov 28, 18 11:18 pm  · 
 · 

Mortal Engines is a wonderful book of fable by Stanislaw Lem.

Nov 30, 18 11:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: