Archinect
anchor

Flip/Reverse Floorplan

Hehu

Hi,

I cannot see the point of flipping/reversing floorplan except for having a new layout. Can you please explain?

Nov 27, 18 1:26 am
Non Sequitur

ask your professor. We’re not going to do your homework, you lazy bum. 

Nov 27, 18 5:49 am  · 
 · 
randomised

If you cannot see the point you're in the wrong place

Nov 27, 18 6:55 am  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

don't flip it, invert it

Nov 27, 18 9:20 am  · 
 · 
randomised

rotating it 360° is the only way to go

Nov 27, 18 10:30 am  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

North is always the top of the paper. Plans are ALWAYS orientated with North at the top of paper.  We are preparing these drawings to help facilitate construction.  And if it is freezing cold in the dead of winter, I don't want the contractor adding up dimensions or trying to figure out building orientation.  That is how mistakes happen.

Nov 27, 18 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

You can flip a floorplan and still have north pointing upwards on your paper

Nov 27, 18 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

sure, don't care what you do as long as North is top of paper.

Nov 27, 18 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

it depends where you staple it - staples are always on your left hand.

Nov 27, 18 12:43 pm  · 
 · 

North is always up unless you're in the Southern Hemisphere.

Nov 27, 18 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm red-lining a large set of tender docs right now and true north is aprox 10 degree clockwise... yet the staff that set up the docs decided to set project north rotated 90 degree clockwise. It's a mess.

Nov 27, 18 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

North is always up, or the main entrance is at the bottom of the sheet. There should be a north arrow on every plan sheet anyway, and this whole thing becomes a wasted discussion.

Nov 27, 18 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

North is always up, except when it's not, which in the real world (residential, anyway, where I work) is pretty common. In fact I would say that most plans I've seen by others prioritize the entrance being on the bottom of the page.

Nov 27, 18 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

North is always up until your boss tells you otherwise.

Nov 27, 18 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I don't think this topic was/is intended to be about where a north arrow points on a printed floorplan.

Nov 27, 18 3:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: