Archinect
anchor

portfolio advice

Hello everyone! 

I just graduated from architectural department with a bacholor degree. And actually novadays I'm applying to everywhere from all over the world for job, internship and later on for M arch programs of universities..

But honestly I'm not sure that if the images can express itself to explain the projects. I need your advises to improve it.. 

I'm just at the beginging of this road and I'm so unexperience. Could you please help me about it? :)

Thanks in advance

Here is my portfolio to be in the cross hairs! :)

Nov 4, 18 6:52 am
meganattor

Greetings, I don't have much to say about the design work in the portfolio itself, but I would like to comment about the structure. It is quite long, most people advise the portfolio to be 15-30 pages, so you should follow these guidelines. Your portfolio is 81 pages, or 40 if tallied as single A3 spreads, thus its quite long. Also there have been many portfolio critiques posted in the forum recently, you should go through them and observe the reaction of people to the portfolios posted. Also page 10-11 is not in English. Heed the advice of the architects on this forum as they have useful experience but without compromising your integrity, listen and understand all the critiques but choose what to follow that aligns with your thought process as no one can make a portfolio that appeals to all.

Nov 5, 18 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
millieshaw

If you feel the images can't explain the projects, make up your portfolio not from images, but from projects. Add a story first, explain what is expected. And then add relevant images.

Nov 5, 18 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

way too much text, images are too small, little concept work.

It's also about 50 pages too long.  You should condense it to 20 to 25 well -thought out spreads and not just throw everything you've ever done into it.

If you're worried the ideas behind your projects won't be understood, make better images.  No one will read the portfolio.

Nov 5, 18 1:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: