Archinect
anchor

Quick questions from a prospective MArchI Applicant

canadiandude1993

Hi All, 

I used to post here in the past, remember it being a helpful community, and I wanted to ask three very quick questions. 

1) MArchI Grads still have to complete the AXP, right? Does the MArchI program count towards any of the hours / can you gain hours if you work outside of the program like at night?

2) Can your AXP mentor work in the same company? 

3) Approx. how many years does the AXP take for the average person?

Thank you!

Oct 13, 18 4:04 pm
Archie-Bunker

1) Yes MArch candidates/graduates must complete AXP, I believe NCARB now allows some college experience to count toward AXP, as part of their "streamlined process". This may be under NCARB accredited programs only though. Working in an office concurrent with school or summer internships definately count as well.

2) Yes, Mentor can be someone from the firm you work but it may be best to have someone who is licensed and experienced elsewhere to get an outside perspective as well, imho.

3) According to NCARB average, with BArch or MArch, is roughly 3-5 years, but can easily take longer depending on the type experience receive in an office setting. Initiative to fulfill hours and communicating what you need to your supervisor should go a long way too...

Best of Luck!

Oct 13, 18 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
Archie-Bunker

Edit: NAAB Accredited program

Oct 13, 18 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

If your handle is correct are you are completing the IDP under the canadian system, then the answers above do not apply.

Oct 13, 18 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
canadiandude1993

Thanks, but am U.S. citizen. Canadian ancestry

Oct 14, 18 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

No problem, we all make mistakes.

Oct 14, 18 3:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: