Archinect
anchor

Recent Graduate, Portfolio Review and Need some advice.

Greetings!

I am a recent architecture graduate from Southern India. I understand this is an International Forum and I wish i could make some healthy discussions and get suggestions to make some strong decisions ahead. Before asking some questions, If you wanna have a look at my work samples, I have uploaded it on Archinect and also here http://x.co/barani. I sure did some search on this forum and also on the web, here's some doubts after some research.

I have completed my portfolio and have been applying around here in India for the past couple weeks. I've been applying for small to medium sized offices, with residential, a bit of commercial typologies and 'contextual modernism' in their style of work.  Like in most countries, there is a huge supply & demand situation, understandable 'no vacancies'. I'm not being picky with learning, but the above was just a preference. What shall I do? Wait for openings in the type of work i would be interested to do? compromise?

I am planning to do Masters, after couple years of field experience (to research on the future of cities, resources and how to prevent them from declining). I do want to explore and meet new people on the course. How to start looking for universities? Any suggestions? Scholarships? 

On the same note, If I want to learn by practise for a few years (not permanently) Which country would welcome a person like me? Will the lack of knowledge of local codes be the only barrier? Hoping it's not a bad decision to meet new people, learn some international practise.

Apologies if the questions are a bit confusing or misleading, tried my best.

Thank you for your time.

Oct 24, 18 7:26 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: