Archinect
anchor

QUESTION to all Architects!!! HELP

PEH0005

I am in high school, one of my assignments is to draw a plan view of a house! Now the part the teachers, my parents and google haven't been able to help with...

In my design I have an open walk way, which when drawing in plan view there is meant to be a gap...  But above my walk way I have a window. The question is how do I draw the walk way and window?? 

Thankyou!! 

Sep 30, 18 12:42 pm
Wood Guy

PEH0005, convention is that plan views should be as if the building was cut 4' above the floor. If something important is happening above that plane, like a high window that will not show up on another plan view, then you can show it with dashed lines. Likewise, if something important is happening below the viewing plane but blocked by another object, you can show that with a dashed line--preferable one that looks different from the overhead lines. 

Sep 30, 18 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
PEH0005

Hello, 

For a plan view what does a vent in the wall look like?

Thank-you for any help!

Oct 1, 18 11:27 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

why are you showing wall-mounted vents on your plans? These should be shown on the elevations and only referenced on the plans where their alignment to something not visible in the elevation drawings is important. Did your prof not give examples?

Oct 1, 18 11:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: