Archinect
anchor

Dutch firms?

piero1910

Hey,

I am looking for Dutch firms that are more focused on this type of work or style, I do not know how I should call it.  I can provide some examples. The only Dutch firm which is into this style of post-production, is Monadnock. It would nice if some of you could provide more firms that have some work alike. The other examples are: Office Kersten Geers David Van Severen, 514NE, Fala Atelier, Baukunst, Baukuh, GAFPA, agwa, etc. 

Sep 24, 18 3:32 pm

1 Featured Comment

All 6 Comments

OneLostArchitect

I love Dutch Bros coffee!

Sep 24, 18 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

So you prefer style over substance? Those offices you list just make their drawings and renderings look like that because they think it's cool, current or because that's just what their interns learnt in school. Their built work varies tremendously or is that none of your concern?

Since all your references are basically Belgian, maybe try it over there :)

Sep 25, 18 4:04 am  · 
 · 
piero1910

Yes, I do understand what you mean. I do notice that those firms have sort of different approaches. I do not know if I prefer style over substance. I think that they have a nicer representation of drawings which is more artistic than only having renderings. I do not really mean that the firms have to have that representation. I am wondering what Dutch firms have similar work to those one that I mentioned above. Since, I do not have a great knowledge about newer Dutch firms because most of the firms that I mentioned from Belgium, I do not think that they are that old, and most of the Dutch firms I know are like MVRDV, OMA, NL, SEarch, etc. The only Dutch firm which I have seen that their work is more related to the one of those Belgian firms is Monadnock.

Sep 25, 18 4:55 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Ah okay, I've got one: http://dvmb.nl/

Sep 25, 18 7:44 am  · 
 · 
lower.case.yao

3xn

Sep 25, 18 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

They're Danish...

Sep 27, 18 7:18 am  · 
 · 
wunder_waffle

Happel Cornelisse Verhoeven

Sep 27, 18 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
piero1910

Thanks for all the responses. They were helpful. I just would like to know something else. I know it might be an annoying and repetitive question which many people might have asked. But, what are the the new generation of Dutch firms? I mean what it comes after MVRDV or OMA. I am asking because I was looking at a diagram by Alejandro Zaera Polo and I noticed that there is a scarcity of Dutch firms on the diagram. I will attach it. So I show you what I mean 

Sep 29, 18 7:00 am  · 
 · 
Featured Comment
randomised

SeARCh, Lola, ZUS, Anne Holtrop, RAAAF, NLE, Anne Feenstra, SO-IL(half)...with additional bonus OMA alumni (without double checking) FREE, BIG, JDS, RE, Ole Scheeren, probably some of the Belgian offices too. And COBE is an MVRDV alumnus, with Winy Maas and Jacob van Rijs being OMA alumni and so is Alejandro ZP who made this little diagram. Not too bad I would say...

Sep 29, 18 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

RE=REX...

Sep 29, 18 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: