Archinect
anchor

Student Internship In Europe

babyarchitect1

Hello I am an undergraduate student and I was interested in seeing if there was a possibility that one could work as a student intern at a firm abroad. I have worked here in the US at firms and the AXP hours will still count as long as the architect is dually licensed in the US. I think this type of experience would be better served than paying an exuberant amount in program fees for a study abroad trip of similar length. I would like to gain some experience in a foreign office now because its not at all realistic once I am graduated. Has anyone done this before? Maybe it is too far fetched but I am curious if it is a possibility. I have had friends in other majors do co-ops in foreign countries for a summer or semester but architecture is slightly different in that regard. Is there a database of any sort that I can see architects licensed in the US, that live and practice abroad? There are programs that match you but if there was a way to simply do it on my own I think that would be preferred. 

Sep 18, 18 12:05 pm
justavisual

A certain amount of hours under a non US licensed architect also used to count...don't know if this changed. 

You need a visa to work in Europe if you are from the US (this is actually the biggest hurdle).

Most offices don't want an intern for less than 6 months.

Sep 19, 18 3:32 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Maybe look for offices that have branches both in the US and in Europe.

Sep 19, 18 2:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: