Archinect
anchor

East Coast from West Coast

cal1131

Hello Archinect community, I'm new to the forum and would appreciate any tips or guidance in embarking on a new job search on the East Coast. I have over 3.5 years of experience from working at architecture firms in California and I'm about to move to the Hamptons Roads area in Virginia. I believe I have a strong portfolio/resume with varied project experience. I would like to know more about the job market, architecture community, and/or work culture, maybe even regarding the specific firms there if anyone is familiar. I'm originally from California and although moved north from socal for school I am completely new to Virginia and the East Coast for that matter. Would appreciate any insight, this will be a big transition for me. Thanks! 

Aug 15, 18 4:20 pm
cal1131

Note: I am interested in working anywhere in Norfolk or Virginia Beach, my preferred area is Ghent but I am willing to travel about 45 min out for work. 

Aug 15, 18 4:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: