Nice new screen name.

Jul 16, 18 8:42 am  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

Needs a diet coke!

Jul 16, 18 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

No one has an opinion on the Helsenki summit?

Jul 16, 18 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
Shaw

My impression is that what Trump is doing by trying to engage Putin in Helsinki is very similar to what Nixon did by holding talks with Mao Tse Tung in China. It almost seems as though these initiatives (with meeting Kim in Singapore as well) are somewhat Kissinger-esque.........  

Jul 16, 18 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
Shaw

- And, I might add, what Carter did with Begin and Sadat in 77' at Camp David - very tough to do, and it almost didn't come off...........this initiative was the greatest defining moment for Carter's Presidency, no doubt. Anwar Sadat, the President of Egypt, coming to Plains, Georgia? Was a great event - covered by People Weekly..... 

Jul 16, 18 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

мыслях и молитвах - Senator Jeff Flake

Jul 16, 18 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

Senator Flake is just that! A flake!

Jul 17, 18 1:41 am  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

Senator Flake is just that! A flake!

Jul 17, 18 1:41 am  · 
 · 
Superfluous Squirrel

I come here because the mundane stuff we all bitch about is way less stressful than what's going on in the real world. Can we please keep it that way? 

Jul 18, 18 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
Superfluous Squirrel

He's barely been president for 1.5 years. How can you possibly predict something like that either way? There's more time until the presidential election than he's been president. Anything could happen in the next 2 years.

Jul 19, 18 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

Revit was originally made in Russia, before autodesk bought it

Jul 19, 18 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
scott singeisen

I don't know about that...I first saw it at an AIA convention pushed by a couple guys out of Boston...

Jul 20, 18 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Wheres that idiot Greg Wharton?

Jul 19, 18 6:38 pm  · 
 · 

Who cares?

Jul 19, 18 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

True

Jul 19, 18 6:52 pm  · 
 · 

The better question should be do you believe in this country values and the preservation of cultural history?

Jul 19, 18 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

By "cultural history" do you mean the corporate-financial-congressional-military-industrial-complex and war for profit?

Jul 19, 18 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

maybe he means old buildings?

Jul 19, 18 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Hillary smashed the glass ceiling....she fell through it. Just deplorable.

Jul 19, 18 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Found Greg Wharton

Jul 20, 18 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

This is terrible trolling. Step it up.

Jul 20, 18 11:41 am  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

Trump supporter.

Jul 20, 18 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Trump Derangement Syndrome

A “mental illness” which causes the afflicted to think irrationally about any action, policy, or news pertaining to Donald Trump or the Trump administration. No matter what Trump does, the afflicted person will automatically have a reaction which will likely be overblown or simply nonsensical, even in cases where there is little to no information available. This can manifest in both supporters and detractors. Common symptoms are indignation, belief in false information, and denial of reality. Additionally, they are unable to separate Trump and his actions, meaning that they may perceive good things he does as bad simply because it is Trump; conversely, they might see bad things he does as good.
Ex 1 (hater): “Hey, did you see when Trump just dumped that fish food into the pond for no reason? What a deplorable! He has no respect for Japanese culture.”

“Actually, that video was cropped to make Trump look bad. Abe dumped his fish food in right before Trump did.”

“It doesn’t matter! He’s an idiot who is racist and bigoted and probably still hates Japan!”

“You obviously have the liberal version of Trump Derangement Syndrome.”

Ex 2 (supporter): “Man, Trump is doing great things for our country. He puts America first and makes no mistakes.”

“You do realize that Trump is embarrassing us on the global stage all the time? He’s always saying dumb things and lying.”

“Shut up, stupid liberal! The fake media is run by a bunch of globablist cronies, and you’re just swallowing it like the sheep you are!”

“Trump supports with TDS are just as bad as the liberals who have it.

Jul 20, 18 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

Fake news bro ... keep drinking the liberal koolaid

Jul 21, 18 8:23 am  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

For the record, I think Trump is an egotist, a buffoon, and his policies are terrible. Which doesn't make him any different than pretty much every elected official. 

That being said, Trump Derangment Syndrome is an apt name for what has happened to the entire establishment (MIC, deep state, shadow government, entrenched bureaucracy, or whatever you want to call it) and their corporate media (thank you Bill Clinton for deregulating the FCC and creating massive media consolidation such that now five corporations own nearly all media in all forms from print to TV to radio, and they are desperate to control the Internet).

That an outsider has preempted the scheduled programming of perpetual war and usurped the power of the Republocrats has driven the establishment insane. This is Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

Evidence mounts daily. It's almost two years into his term - if there was any real evidence he would have been ousted long ago. The FBI released more Russiaphobia three days before the Helsinki meeting. The NYT called him a traitor for meeting with Putin to discuss global affairs. Normally intelligent people have been propagandized into insanity by  constant bombardment from a unified establishment media diet of lies and disinformation (My personal favorite: the NYT reporting "anonymous intelligence officials citing secret documents"). Anybody remember WMDs in Iraq?

The Russian election interference hoax is a lever designed to dislodge the outsider from the system and ramp up Cold War 2.0 (because Cold War 1.0 worked out so very well $$$) - and more important a mask to cover up domestic election interference in all its many forms from unlimited campaign financing to gerrymandering to voter suppression. The real election fraud isn't done by voters or Russians, it is done by a completely corrupt system to perpetuate its headlock on power.

Trump's policies are almost uniformly bad. But even a broken clock is correct twice a day. Meeting with world leaders to find peace is not treason - unless you are part  of the system that profits widely from nonstop global militarism. The last guy that bucked this system? JFK.

I don't support Trump, and I didn't support the warmonger traitor HRC (where actual evidence of foreign influence - payments through the Clinton Foundation - are ignored) but I do support global peace. Anyone working against that is a traitor.

Jul 21, 18 8:50 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Buffoon sells. I never understood politics.

Jul 21, 18 9:27 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Well said. I can’t watch the news anymore. My tv is too nice and expensive and I’m afraid I’ll throw something at wolf blitzers stupid face.

Jul 22, 18 12:07 am  · 
 · 
soulblade777

https://www.google.com/search?...

Jul 21, 18 8:59 am  · 
 · 
soulblade777

ftw

Jul 21, 18 9:03 am  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

well if they run Joe Biden for 2020... Trump will win 2020 no competition

Jul 21, 18 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

This is the response to Trump: https://apnews.com/a1770fd620d94bf58d0ff1035d3e0eea

Jul 21, 18 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

The Dems will vote for 'Jenny from the Bronx'. What they will get is this:

Jul 22, 18 7:38 am  · 
 · 

Got an odd newspaper delivered to my driveway today - The Epoch Times. Front page has laudatory articles about Trump, in fact not a bad word about him in the whole rag. Which makes it stand out just a wee bit.

Research shows it's funded by Chinese anti-communist Falun Gong followers (neoliberal capitalists?). It's rated as "highly factual" and "right of center" by Media Bias.

At least the spin is obvious: the lead article "EPA proposes New Fuel Econmy Rules" is subtitled "Change would reduce traffic deaths and reduce car prices".

Aug 5, 18 9:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: