Archinect
anchor

Least amount of work for the highest amount of pay?

archeyarch

could be related to arch or not, actually would like serious answers

Jul 8, 18 11:07 pm
Anob

I really believe in the saying “It’s not work if you really enjoy what you do”. I can literally detail all day and night, then think about architecture the first thing the next morning. 

Jul 9, 18 9:14 am  · 
 · 

I agree, Architecture is not just a job but a calling.

Jul 9, 18 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Lazy op is lazy.
Jul 9, 18 9:38 am  · 
 · 
hp-new

Become part of the Kardashian/Jenner family. 

In all seriousness though, I think once you find something regardless of pay that you enjoy doing and it no longer feels like work, you can feel like you aren't doing any work at all and whatever you are making feels like a lot because its like you want to do it regardless of the money. Not the answer to the question really but something to think about. 

I will say though I met a girl on a flight that had a dog who was an actor for commercials. That is the DOG was an actor for commercials. She would fly regularly if needed all over the country filming commercials with her dog. Needless to say all she did was tote the dog around bc it had its own agent and trainer. She said she was making in the upper six figures  on the commercials alone and had other small movie roles that were additional. Don't know how you get started in that but pretty cool considering all she has to do is be with her dog 5 days a week. 

Jul 9, 18 10:45 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Pope

Jul 9, 18 10:46 am  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

Pharmacist.  The education is hard work, but after that it's mostly counting pills and advising people about how to take them.  For $120k.  Hours are very standardized, and for obvious reasons you can't really take your work home with you.

Jul 9, 18 10:54 am  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

Project Management Consultant, does nothing, literally nothing.  Then, when they're found out, they just blame the architect for not communicating...  

Jul 9, 18 11:12 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Yes, on huge jobs there can be a number of nooks and crannies where somebody can weasel in and draw a six figure salary. The salary is usually for some vague task that boils down to just coming to meetings and jockeying a few emails. True also inside of mega size architecture and engineering firms.

Jul 9, 18 11:40 am  · 
 · 

Heir / heiress

Hedge fund manager

Corporate CEO

Lobbyist

Arms dealer

Politician

Jul 9, 18 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

I don't know Miles, Arms Dealer looked like a lot of work on "Lord of War" ...

Jul 9, 18 11:39 am  · 
 · 

You're thinking too small: no-bid Pentagon contracts.

Jul 9, 18 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

Ok, yes, you probably couldn't go wrong with that equation.

Jul 9, 18 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Blood donor

Jul 9, 18 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

And for the guys: sperm donor, although that requires some manual labour.

Jul 10, 18 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
Quick Draw McGraw

Trophy wife

Interior desecrator

Stupor model

Boy Band member

Internet CEO

Professional athlete

Jul 9, 18 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

newspaper architecture critic

Jul 9, 18 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

Oooh, that's a good one!

Jul 9, 18 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Dean of Political Correctness at any large university. Tell students they can't refer to "he" and "she" but must use "Xi" and "Q". That will be $200,000 a year please. Plus expense account. Thank you.

Jul 9, 18 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

MLB baseball - average salary... $4,000,000

average batting average  .246

average at bats 612

= $26,667/hit

or = $26,143/strikeout

Jul 9, 18 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
Mr_Wiggin

Pretty sad state of affairs in baseball these days, either a HR or a Strikeout, not much in between. Makes for some pretty boring games...

Jul 10, 18 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

Cabana boy? or Movie Star, Harvey?

Jul 10, 18 9:32 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

messi

Jul 10, 18 10:19 am  · 
 · 
archinine
In all seriousness though, the various ‘reps’ and ‘project managers’ who take on zero liability and whose entire job is forwarding emails around and attending various meetings tend to make substantially more than your average architect. Seems incredibly unfulfilling though.
Jul 10, 18 10:33 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Why has no-one mentioned real estate agent yet?

less than a weekend's worth of training and 6% commission because of reasons unknown.

Jul 10, 18 10:33 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

ok... so most real estate agents don't make jack shit. The good ones rule the world. 6% is typically split between buyers agent and selling agent. So now you're looking at 3%, which is split between the broker and the agent typically 60/40 or higher. So from a 200k sale a real estate agent is grossing $2,800. Then they have to pay desk fees which are monthly and don't stop plus they are typically responsible for their own taxes, benefits, etc. Not to mention weekends holding houses open, dropping everything on a dime to go show a house. If you're good you can make a lot of money, but Real Estate is not an easy business.

Jul 10, 18 11:54 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Against my objections, we've used an agent for two home purchases and one sale. I am really not sure what value the agent provided in any of those transactions

Jul 10, 18 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

maybe the agent was so good that they made it look easy...…..

Jul 10, 18 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
file

Any professional athlete … despite all of their whining about how hard they "work" they spend their days working out and playing games.

Jul 10, 18 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
jrhews

I dare you to say that to the face of a professional cyclist.

Jul 10, 18 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

ohhh... I double dog dare you...

Jul 10, 18 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
jrhews

Jul 10, 18 4:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: