Archinect
anchor

Detailing a French Provisional residence

trevor rufus

Hi, we're designing and detailing our first 2 story french provisional house, and as our market is mainly modern single story and beach homes, I am looking for material to guide me along the path. can anyone recommend a book or any other resource or be willing to share any documentation details. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.     

Jul 3, 18 7:15 pm
Non Sequitur

are you an architect?

Jul 3, 18 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

You might google "two-story French provincial homes". Just a thought.

Jul 3, 18 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

"We're going to discover the North Pole."

"Oh!" said Pooh again. "What is the North Pole?" he asked.

"It's just a thing you discover," said Christopher Robin carelessly, not being quite sure himself.

"Oh! I see," said Pooh. "Are bears any good at discovering it?"

"Of course they are. And Rabbit and Kanga and all of you. It's an Expedition. That's what an Expedition means. A long line of everybody. You'd better tell the others to get ready, while I see if my gun's all right. And we must all bring Provisions."

"Bring what?"

"Things to eat."

"Oh!" said Pooh happily. "I thought you said Provisions. I'll go and tell them." And he stumped off.

Jul 3, 18 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
Shaw

Trevor Rufus, have you ever seen a copy of Sir Banister Fletcher's 'A History of Architecture on the Comparative Method' - it's available online through the Internet Archive. Just type in the above and you'll see likely many versions now downloaded. It's a massive book, but you should be able find what you need thru the table of contents headings or via the index at the back. I think you'll enjoy it - and the older versions are better anyway! The drawings are incredible!

Jul 4, 18 12:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: