Archinect
anchor

Easiest and fastest Perspective views?

eastcoast

Just wondering what is everyone's go-to for creating quick perspective views of a project? I do them in different forms sometimes rendered and sometimes more like a collage in illustrator. 

Do you prefer when making quick perspective views to use a specific software like revit/enscape, rhino/v-ray, 3ds max or something else? or quick hand sketches.. what do you prefer to use. 

Jun 28, 18 6:24 pm
Shaw

By hand is by far the best!

Jun 28, 18 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

sketchup

Jun 28, 18 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

+1 sketchup..  I cheat though for 'dirty' unrefined views in conceptual to get a concept across.  Just do the building mass in sketchup, print the perspective you want, then hand sketch the details over it.  If you need some basic color, scan it back in and photoshop.  You can crop it over a photo as well there.  

The downside though is if they want another angle...  However, with one that has the detail and just the massing blocks in sketchup, most clients understand the masses as you roll the views around in sketchup.. others though lack the imagination.

For 'finished' render types like you might want in cd phases.  We'd started using the Revit rendering capabilities for these colored semi-detailed walk-throughs and stills. 

Jun 28, 18 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
My 6b graphite pencil.
Jun 28, 18 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Interns?

Jun 29, 18 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

We use Revit & Enscape but have to deal with distortion as camera controls in Revit are not as advanced.

Jun 29, 18 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

The Dennis Technique (no relation to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) 

Jun 29, 18 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
at_replica

Hi Eastcoast!

I can recommend a method of quickly modelling the scene (literally basic geometry) in Rhino, setting the view and using the make2D command.

Exporting this to Photoshop (as a Pdf) or Illustrator (as a vector drawing) gives you a perfect guideline for selecting specific areas and applying textures.

I have released the collection of painterly and artistic architectural textures which help to make amazing collages with ease (recollage.co) - maybe this could help too!

All the best,

Aga

Jun 6, 22 1:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: