Archinect
anchor

Porch design and staircase location

zafrangul

Hi. I need some help, i want to build a porch of round shape in front of my house with a roof of TR & Girders. And also i don't find a place for stairs, can you please help me ?

Stairs should be in somewhere in red area, and green curve indicates the front boundary of porch. 

3d images are given.

Jun 21, 18 10:22 am
thatsthat

I'll jump on this before others do - you should find a local architect in your area to help you.  It's great to have an idea of what you want - it's encouraged actually - but by coming here to ask for FREE help, that's not really ok with most professionals.  Sorry!  

Jun 21, 18 10:54 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

What, you don't like the two-kitchen, no bath, no living room concept? Where's your imagination? Let the OP build it just like it is. We need for him to go down in flames so that we can clean up the gene pool.

Jun 21, 18 11:17 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Oh no doubt there are a lot of things wrong with this. But the post reads like that's what he already had to work with *shrugs* It looks like this is a shared living-type situation, and all of these bedrooms are really like small studios or dorms and that hallway is an exterior circulation space.

Jun 21, 18 11:27 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'd love to have a personal kitchen in my bedroom. This could be a new trend and this kid is right at the front of it.

Jun 21, 18 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
zafrangul

This is a shared living environment, where two or more small families with 1 or no children live.

Jun 21, 18 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Ahhh, well everybody knows that people don't defecate in group living situations.

Jun 21, 18 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Dual kitchens but porta potties. Definitely an interesting concept.

Jun 22, 18 7:30 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

OP:  You have a couple of other issues that need addressing before you worry about a grandiose front porch.

Jun 21, 18 11:19 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

I am 110% sure this is a throwaway troll account of someone with too much free time.

I refuse to believe in this level of incompetency even from first year undergrad. Or even a highschool student. 

Jun 21, 18 11:27 am  · 
 · 
zafrangul

It is not a troll account, you should decrease your surity level.

Jun 21, 18 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You should up your design level then

Jun 21, 18 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
zafrangul

This is not my Design level, the building in 3d images have already been built,i have a task to make a porch infront of it and stairs, so what to do, please give some sincere suggestion.

Jun 21, 18 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
zafrangul

Thanku, i will try to reach you people with a detailes 3d model of existing building, and the new task.

Jun 21, 18 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Tell who ever asked you to do the work to hire someone more competent who won't attempt to source free answers from strangers online.

Jun 21, 18 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

DC trying to turn this into a job?!?!?!?

Jun 21, 18 6:24 pm  · 
 · 

It's not me, I swear.

Jun 21, 18 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
zafrangul

It is not a troll account, you should decrease your surity level.

Jun 21, 18 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

Assuming you meant "surety", my confidence that it's not me is unshakable. But it is a great model for a future troll. #filed

Jun 21, 18 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

how come archinect deletes an entertaining thread like "when to sell out" and not this crap?

Jun 21, 18 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

That thread was nuked? when? why? those things are gold mines when resurrected by spam bots.

Jun 21, 18 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
zafrangul

hi, thanks to all of you, your comments are good, but the building in 3d images has been already built, that's why i am facing the problem, and i have to come to you people, 

Jun 21, 18 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
zafrangul

Just tell me, that this type of porch is feasible with tr and girders roof? And where to build the stairs?

Jun 21, 18 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Is this a school project? If so, it's pretty shitty to start with so adding a faux Victorian porch won't really help. Also, what does TR stand for?

Jun 21, 18 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

I wanted to ask about the TR but figured it was something I should already know. :-P

Jun 21, 18 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
zafrangul

T Bar, sorry, we say it TR in our local language.

Jun 21, 18 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Tbar, as in, for suspended acoustic tile ceilings? This just keeps getting better.

Jun 21, 18 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

does tr = Truss?

Jun 21, 18 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

oh wait! is that structural T-bar?

Jun 21, 18 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

za - 

We can't respond because we don't actually know enough about this building or the location to be able to feasibly respond. Even if we did know these things, it's not fair of you to ask for a FREE advice, especially when that FREE advice creates a situation where anyone who comments would be on the hook legally.  Architects do not just create pretty pictures of buildings in 3d which is what the post above insinuates.  We work towards solutions that ensure health, safety, and welfare of inhabitants.  

To reiterate, you should hire a local architect to help you.  They will know your local laws for building, can make sure its structurally sound, and can coordinate the construction for you.   

Jun 21, 18 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
zafrangul

Thanku

Jun 21, 18 1:37 pm  · 
 · 

Spoilsport.

Jun 21, 18 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
Brud-G

2 kitchens, no bathroom. This must be a Balkins design

Jun 22, 18 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

Only the red and green lines.

Jun 22, 18 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Shit in the sink.

Jun 22, 18 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
Medusa

Yep, that one kitchen with no windows. That's where you'll find the shittin' sink.

Jun 23, 18 9:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: