Archinect
anchor

searching for a large and thin frame minimal aluminum casement window

i033nyc

I am trying to find a company that can make a 65" wide x 50" tall casement window to install in a freestanding, single family home in NYC.  Marvin, told me they can make one this size but their frames are wider bulkier than I want them to be.  I am trying to find a window company that makes a thinner more minimal frame with a contemporary look, ideally aluminum.  I am aware of companies in Europe who can do this, but I want to find a company in the US for or possibly Mexico for logistical reasons.

Does anyone know if I would need extra framing support for holding in a 65" wide casement window?  For when the window is open and the weight of the window puts strain on the frame?

Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

The two tilt and turns in the image below are different that what I am looking for, but I am sharing to give an idea of the aesthetic I am going for.  I like how clean the lines look, and how thin the frames are.

Jun 17, 18 3:41 pm
BulgarBlogger

http://www.brombalusa.com/

Jun 17, 18 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

kawneer... they have 1" frames I believe

Jun 18, 18 8:16 am  · 
 · 
mantaray
Loewen has thinner profiles than Marvin and can usually do bigger sizes. Pricepoint roughly comparable to Marvin although you'll pay more for the custom size.

If you're willing to jump up a bit in pricepoint, you can look at Nanawall Cero line and Skyframe, both ultra minimalist operable frames. Not sure what casement options they offer though.

Grabill can definitely do this and it will be extraordinarily well made and beautiful but very expensive. Grabill may be my fave domestic window manufacturer currently but I haven't gotten them on a project yet due to price.
Jun 18, 18 8:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: