Archinect
anchor

New Facebook hack targeting architects?

eastsidewestside

Hey folks - I'm not an architect, but many of my friends are. So many, apparently, that I actually have an Archinect account.

Anyway - I noticed recently that several architect friends of mine (and no one in any other professions) have been hit by some kind of new Facebook hack. It takes over their accounts and deletes all of their friends.

That's all I've been able to gather so far.

I recommend turning on two-factor authentication if you haven't already.

Jun 1, 18 4:02 am
randomised

Sounds like a good thing, #deletefacebook :)

Jun 1, 18 5:49 am  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

That is what happens when you are in this profession. You lose your social life including friends on Facebook.

When your architecture friends say their FB has been hacked it is a metaphor for "I have no social life/my profession has taken over." Either that or you are not cool enough to be like us architects and therefor have been ignored and not worthy of our replies to your post on FB... =)

Jun 2, 18 7:55 am  · 
 · 
earchitekt

| Trust me, I'm an eArchitekt. | Yes, we can! | #deletefacebook |

I browse the web frequently and I have been loosing my eFiends ever since, I have been researching this case for a while now. 

I deleted facebook in September '18. because maths told me that I used to spend ca 2 hours daily on browsing the newsfeed and watching what my eFriends used to share on their facebook profiles. It is ca 720 hours a year which realised to me why I am so less-productive. Simply it was ca: 7200 hours online on facebook, since I created my facebook account. 

As far as I know, the American psychologists, human behavior researchers and sociologists, they all have been positive about the circles of friendship and human relations - it is quite nicely presented on google+ where you can use the circles for creating your own recognition of your relations with your eFriends(but I think that also shows how you relate with people at all, not only online). 

In addition, we, the people, have a very narrow sense of close friends. In general we can focus on 4 people at once, generally speaking, while 5 and more people are a crowd for regular Starchitects like us ;) 

When speaking about Starchitects - we have been working on our blog about becoming Starchitects of the 21. century. If anyone is interested in these kind of wisdom - let me know, I will put the link here.

#jointheofflineworld

Nov 6, 18 12:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: