Archinect
anchor

Does Work Experience compulsory for M Arch(Professional Program)?

Hi, Im in the last year of my Bsc(Architectural Studies). The Course duration is of 3 years and accredited by the Local Architecture Board of Malaysia as the institution is in Malaysia. My plan is to finish my Bachelors first and then straightly apply for Part II(M Arch) in Canada/Australia if no work experience is needed. I checked out universities requirements and most of them didn't specify if work experience compulsory or not. Some universities want employer's reference letter and some want group project works on portfolio but they don't say how many months/weeks work experience do I have to gain. Any Advice regarding this matter will be appreciated. Thank you.

May 28, 18 11:44 am
Non Sequitur

No work experience is required in Canada for M.arch and you'll be looking at the 3-year degree path.

May 28, 18 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
dissector92

Thanks ! Thats great ! Can you tell me which universities have 3 year M Arch Program? Is to ok to have all reference letters Academic(From Institute
Lecturers)?

May 28, 18 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

From what I remember, universities in Canada that offer the 2+1 path for non-arch or foreing arch students are UBC, UofT, Carleton... maybe calgary. I don't know all the details but there are only 10 or 11 universities so it won't be hard to look them up. Reference letters are typically from previous professors so don't worry abou that.

May 28, 18 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
dissector92

Will check that out later. That means the portfolio will cover my school works.

May 28, 18 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
dissector92

What softwares do you recommend for M Arch(North America/Australia) so that I can take earlier preparation of it before starting the program
?

May 28, 18 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

All the softwares. Honestly, anyone can learn software over a few hours so focus on your construction knowledge, design chops, and portfolio. The M.Arch is a professional degree so there are plenty of courses where you can't rely on software other than m.office. Knowing software is not what makes you a good student or a successful architect.

May 28, 18 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
dissector92

Noted. Thanks a lot!

May 28, 18 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: