Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Questions

Dkwong197

Hello, I am currently applying for summer internships since I've only been working in non-relevant jobs over the past summers. 

How many projects should I usually present to firms I am applying for? I feel like one is too little and that two would be a good amount since I just completed my junior year at my university.

Also, I know this is a stupid question. But my portfolio shouldn't be exceeding 10 mb. I've been uploading my illustrator files on to my InDesign because they come out clearer than PDFs. Where can I check the amount of mb my portfolio? 

Thank you!

May 22, 18 11:09 am
"""1991"

it’s a little late to be applying for summer internships. 

In the past I’ve used between 3-4 projects for a portfolio. If your a junior then you should have that many. 

Vector files take up a lot of space. You’re best bet is to convert them into jpegs. When you export a pdf from InDesign you’ll be able to see the file size

May 22, 18 11:30 am  · 
 · 
Dkwong197

It's never too late for me, there are firms in my area that have just recently posted jobs for this summer. And thanks for the tip on the images and the file size.

May 22, 18 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

sorry for accidently flagging this post with my fat fingers on mobile here.

May 22, 18 5:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: