Archinect
anchor

Umich vs VT vs USC vs WUSTL for M.arch

oneplusone

Hey guys i need some help! I got into a few good colleges for m.arch and I've done my research about all the programs and honestly they all have their pros and cons. I am an international student so i do hope i can work in the US for a while after. So taking that as the parameter graduating from which one (would you guys say) has the best probability of landing an architecture job?

Apr 30, 18 12:05 pm
Indhuvenki

Go with WUSTL or Umich 

Apr 30, 18 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Take the cheapest option

Apr 30, 18 4:09 pm  · 
senjohnblutarsky

When you say "landing an architecture job", I take that as just being able to find employment.  Provided we're not in a 2008 recession, and you're flexible on where you work, you can find a job.  I managed to find a job after graduating in 2009, in a shitty time to be graduating.  

I was willing to work in more than one area, and for more than one type of firm.  I didn't go for a glamorous job. 

If you're seeking the glamour job in a specific place, your school of choice might matter.  If you just want a job in the industry, there are a lot of other factors in play. And you just want a job, go to the school that you like and is a cost effective option. Happiness has value. So, I wouldn't advise only considering cost. 

All that said, Go Hokies. 

Apr 30, 18 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
mdhuang94

If you want a job, go with USC. The Trojan Family is real worldwide and especially in California. The USC Architectural Guild will help you place into a firm in LA if you network with them. LA has a very diverse offering of project types as well. Plus I wouldn't study architecture in the US other than in LA being the cultural capital of the US coupled with the rich history of architecture based in LA. 

VT is great if you want to work in DC...and work on a lot of corporate and government work.

UMich only if you LOVE fabrication and the cold.

Jul 23, 20 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: