Archinect
anchor

AXP for international students

antoniovelasco

Hi,

I just wanted to know if its legal for an international student to complete his AXP hours in the USA. I was wondering this because the USA has very strict laws regarding the employment of foreigners in the USA. So how does this work?

Apr 18, 18 9:50 pm
santiag

It is possible. There is a program called CPT (cirricular practical training). it allows you to work while you are studying. Your job must be strictly related to your field of study. For example, you must major in architecture to intern at an architecture firm. Consult with your international advisor about the paperwork. You can use CPT to work part time (20 hours per week max) while you are studying or full time in the summer when you do not have class. If you work up to or more than 12 months through CPT, you will be ineligible for OPT (optional practical training) after your graduation. So use it wisely. 

Also I want to point out that you do not need to work in the US to earn AXP hours. You just need to work for a US licensed architect. For example, you can work for a firm in Spain, but your boss or someone in the office has a US license - you can ask and get your AXP hours counted.

May 4, 18 1:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: