Archinect
anchor

Modular Building for volunteer hostel

ianthompson1976

Hi,

I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I am volunteering for a charity that is looking to construct some volunteer accommodation. The area for a building is around 8m x 20m and would be 2 storeys. The brief is to fit in around 12 - 14 bedrooms. At least one needs to be DDA compliant, and a further, slightly larger to be a family room. The others would be single. Of course to be included would be wash and toilet facilities, and a communal lounge and kitchen.

At very early stages, just trying to find out which companies to approach that may be able to assist, at least to start with some outline costings. Any assistance appreciated. Thought modular maybe the way to go in terms of cost and longevity.

Regards,

Ian

Apr 5, 18 10:41 am
Almosthip7

I am going to assume you are in the UK.  I can tell you of a good Canadian company that is building modular housing for the city of Vancouver to help the homeless situation.  

http://www.horizonnorth.ca/mod...

Apr 5, 18 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

This is something you need to hire a professional for.  

Apr 5, 18 12:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: