Archinect
anchor

Worksample Sheets for Masters application

nabeeltaqvi

Hello,

I am a working junior architect in India and recently I decided to go for masters before life becomes too comfortable to risk it up. Have been searching for the suitable courses and I got really interested in this new course M.Arch in Typology in TU Berlin.

They're asking for work samples of around 8 A4 pages with maximum 3 design projects. So for the past few weeks, I'm redoing most of the design projects to just give it the final touches that usually miss out due to deadlines. I would be really glad if someone can just advice whether I should also include the Research backup with all the mappings and form evolution diagrams in the worksamples or just the final design drawings and views. My project was related to Transportation, So there is alot of Urban research and Transportation research involved and I'm confused whether I should include it or not coz without that, the design part won't connect.

Regards

Apr 4, 18 4:42 pm
sameolddoctor

Well, that's their whole point of their asking for 8 pages. You need to condense your research and thoughts to that amount for all projects. Think of it as an "elevator pitch" to a CEO.

Apr 4, 18 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
nabeeltaqvi

Got your point. Condensing the research is not a problem. I was just confused if I should include it all together because they might be judging on the design aptitude of the candidate and might not be much interested into the urban research and mappings involved in it.

Apr 5, 18 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

I think you should include the key take-aways of your research in some way. Master's programs are a lot about research learning, and subsequent application.

Apr 5, 18 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
nabeeltaqvi

Yes that makes sense to me too. That will also help me link up things. Thank you for feedback by the way. It surely does help.

Apr 5, 18 3:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: