Archinect
anchor

ExAC Study Group in Ottawa? Is the SIMPLY ExAM workshop worth it?

f.dantas

Hello there!

I'm planing in writing the ExAC this year and I was wondering..

1- Are there any study groups in Ottawa?

2- Is the SIMPLY ExAM workshop worth it? 

Cheers,

Fernanda.

Apr 2, 18 4:25 pm
Non Sequitur

The ExACs are very simple and practice based.  They do not have "practice questions" or books to memorize.  The best way to "study" is to go over your past project notes and understand how to quickly work the NBC.  Pick up a few spec books and code response letters and follow up with those in your office who worked on them.  

It's a basic competence test (x4) with a pass rate of nearly 90%.

Apr 2, 18 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
JasonB

1- Check ORSA http://www.orsa.ca as i remember they did organize some code study groups for ExAC a few years ago.

2- A friend of mine did it last year, and did pass all sections, not sure if he passed cuz of it or not lol! but i remember him praising the workshop.

Good luck!  

Aug 31, 18 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
wjranger

1. I  tried the same last year in Ottawa before the ExAC... Couldn't find a so called group. Orgnized my own study together with another intern.

2. I did the SIMPLY ExAM workshop in Toronto prior to the exam.  It was the first year of the workshop I think. There're some helps for sure.

Good luck!

Oct 5, 18 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: