Archinect
anchor

Any firms similar to Olson Kundig?

I'm looking to apply to any firms in the US that is similar to Olson Kundig; firms that are multidisciplinary, full-service, Cabin architecture, Furniture Design, Design-Build, craft oriented, micro homes.

Any suggestions would be great!

Mar 31, 18 8:09 pm
Dangermouse

the serious suggestions would be greypants in seattle, currently mostly a lighting design studio but iirc the founder is a penn m.arch and they're getting into residential work, eldorado in KC sits above a metal shop and they do a ton of custom detailing, and suyama peterson deguchi in seattle is an old school hand drawing and vellum residential firm that doesn't take a lot of projects but they put most of their billing in CA and do a lot of on site design work 

Mar 31, 18 11:06 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks guys, all of those are great! I had skylab on my list and I totally forgot to apply to them.

Apr 3, 18 4:37 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Astoria Building Design, LLC is a great suggestion

Apr 3, 18 7:54 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Lake Flato

Apr 3, 18 9:48 am  · 
1  · 

Great! Lake Flato looks awesome. Ill definitely apply to that if I get rejected from Olson Kundig.

Apr 4, 18 1:04 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Now the folks at Lake Flato know if they google you that they are merely second choice AND that you got rejected from Olson Kundig...think about it.

Apr 4, 18 3:16 am  · 
 · 
katrintomas

How do you know this info?

Mar 18, 22 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
bndering

what firms would be similar to olson kundig, bcj, and lake | flato, but on the east coast?

Jul 11, 18 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Richard Balkins, Astoria Oregon.

Jul 11, 18 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

BCJ has east coast offices.

Mar 22, 22 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
jeiffert

With that gem of knowledge, you would have been invaluable to Lewis & Clark.

Jul 12, 18 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
leonizer

Interesting... now...is there any firms in Canada that is similar to Olson Kundig?

Mar 22, 22 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Omar Gandhi

Mar 22, 22 2:46 pm  · 
1  · 
bowling_ball

McKay-Lyons Sweetapple
Kanva

Mar 22, 22 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Darcy Jones

Mar 22, 22 11:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: