Archinect
anchor

durable Food grade floor

musab

Hi everyone!

I need 2 solutions for a bread factory, food grade flooring and air purification

Flooring: they use heavy trolleys (hundreds of KGs) with iron wheels(because the whole trolley goes to oven). so the floor should be able to tolerate the torture and the heat.

Air purification: They need clean air (specifically mold/fungus free air ) where they cool down the breads after baking. The area is without ducts and the air quality in that area is without duct. If they close the area they would need some serious air conditioning like 10-12 tons.

Mar 29, 18 11:30 am

i would write down the factors into a lose performance speck and go to the floor manufactures with the heat of the wheels coming out of the oven, the anti microbial requirements, and the point load. this situation would probably have a limited set of options. This is tricky for the floors.

For the AC I would consult a mechanical engineer that has clean room experience. It can be done, the heat and conditions in computer chip manufacturing have similar requirements for air purity and cooling.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Mar 29, 18 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
kjdt

Hire an HVAC consultant and a good spec writer.

Mar 29, 18 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

We're supposed to do your research for you?

Consulting starts at $500 / hr.

Mar 29, 18 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
shji

Hemp is used as construction material. And it does not catch fire. I don't know whether that is food grade or not.

Mar 29, 18 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
shji

Maybe hemp is not great for flooring. How about natural wood flooring? That I'm sure is food grade.

Mar 29, 18 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
musab

natural wood is not food grade

Mar 30, 18 8:30 am  · 
 · 

Make it out of Christmas fruitcake. That stuff is indestructible.

Mar 29, 18 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Did googling 'bread factory floor' not get you anywhere?

Mar 30, 18 3:16 am  · 
 · 
musab

nops

Mar 30, 18 8:29 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I happen to have an image on my desktop somewhere:

Think you can do the rest yourself?

Mar 30, 18 9:47 am  · 
 · 
musab

main problem is production area..

Mar 30, 18 9:50 am  · 
 · 
musab

this is just packing area

Mar 30, 18 9:50 am  · 
 · 
musab

ok, i found a very informative link... http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/35926/what-flooring-options-would-you-suggest-new-bakery

Mar 30, 18 10:20 am  · 
 · 
randomised

they suggest the same floor in your link as is in the picture I posted...also simply doing a google image search 'bakery floor' will give you exactly what you're looking for, even with installation pictures and everything.

Mar 30, 18 10:29 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Silikal Dexotex, Stonhard will all make industrial flooring systems that will be USDA approved for commercial food uses and will have load capacity for wheeled traffic. You are looking for resinous flooring, either polyurethane or epoxy based. Epoxy floors come in more colors but are subject to UV damage.

As far as AC is concerned, you should ask MEPnect.com/forum/ or something instead. We have no idea.

Apr 1, 18 11:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: