Archinect
anchor

Internship portfolio feedback

jvrhsn

Hey all,

I am aplying for an internship at multiple offices in either Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo. For that I built my portfolio and would like to receive some feedback before I start sending it out. 

To show my range, my portfolio exists of two residential projects, two public buildings, one masterplan, and an artwork of mine along with a link to my website. 

All feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Jorren

https://issuu.com/jvrhsn/docs/...

Mar 28, 18 10:23 am
Dangermouse

You aren't treating your portfolio like a narrative device:  right now it is way too didactic for my tastes, you have a page with text that explains the project, then a series of images.   I come away thinking "OK this guy can go onto koozarch and he knows photoshop, but he doesn't know how to construct a narrative around his work".  Maybe that is fine, I don't know the markets you're applying to.   But that was my immediate reaction.

Anyway, good luck!

Mar 28, 18 10:54 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I really like your method of representation and drawing, feels familiar yet fresh. I don't think you will have any problem finding a nice internship with this portfolio, don't aim too low!

I'm not a fan of headshots in portfolios myself, I'd skip it. The lacking frame on p4-5 for kunstvoornadekoffie annoys me; if anything could benefit from a frame it's a (diagram of an) artwork. Do you have any physical models to include in the portfolio? Just to give it a bit more substance/body.

I'm not sure about the text about the creative boundaries of your education and the reason for you painting and drawing, the reasoning hints at you not being happy with architecture/your education, while in reality it's the most fun / experimental time with the least creative boundaries, it will only get worse. If you're going to work as an intern in an office there will be so many more creative boundaries you'll be facing, be sure to bring you're brushes with you!

Succes ermee!

Mar 28, 18 10:59 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

I think the headshot included on CVs and portfolios is a standard in Europe...?

Mar 28, 18 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Not for me, I never did/do it...I do receive quite some CV's and portfolios with and without headshots and they're from all over the world, never seen it as a European standard, the last two applications for an internship I received were without, Bulgarian and Italian if I'm not mistaken.

Mar 29, 18 3:36 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Good to know!

Mar 29, 18 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
Archisoup

On your CV put some interests down ...make it more personal and this may help you standout.

With regards to the text, I don't think anyone viewing your portfolio would have enough time (or maybe want to) read it all ...whilst its an alternative graphic/media, i would simplify it

...and lastly, on a few pages you have 3 to 4 images, i personally pay more attention to your images when they are 1 per page

But as a whole looks well presented! 

Mar 28, 18 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines__

needs at least three more headshots

Mar 28, 18 9:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: