Archinect
anchor

Architecture Book

D-Ziner

I am trying to find the title of a book that I borrowed from a library maybe 10 years ago? It was one of the  most straight-forward "design" books that I've ever come across - and I own quite a few! 

It was a small, simple book that contained mostly (or all?) black and white photographs with the same image on opposing pages, but the author/architect did some simple Photoshopping to change one aspect or detail of one photograph to illustrate his opinion of "good design vs. bad design". This book shaped a lot of my critical eye of buildings, but I would like to have it in my hands again!

I have spent many hours online going through titles at libraries, or at online booksellers specializing in used Architecture books, but I have had no luck so far. I am getting a little obsessed with finding it, so thought I would reach out to see if anyone in this forum may be able to help? 

Mar 27, 18 1:20 am
randomised

Contact the library that you originally borrowed the book from and ask to see your borrowing history...they should have a record of it, libraries are like the NSA:

Mar 27, 18 3:12 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Need more Seifeld clips. That's great!

Mar 27, 18 7:17 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I'll keep that in mind...

Mar 27, 18 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

The Designer's Eye by Brent Brolin. {see Amazon}.

If this is what you're thinking of... it's a phenomenal book.

Mar 29, 18 11:09 am  · 
 · 
randomised

For anyone wondering, that's the architecture faculty in Delft in the top images.

Mar 30, 18 3:11 am  · 
 · 
D-Ziner

THAT'S IT!

Thank you sooo much James Petty! 

Mar 29, 18 4:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: