Archinect
anchor

Foreign Architect From the GCC

Hello .. 

i am seeking for help and advice. i am a fresh graduate from  United Arab Emirates and i just got my American Green card. my question is will i be able to work in the United states with my current degree even though i am not licensed as an architect in the united states and whats the criteria for me to get licensed ? 

Please help.  

Mar 21, 18 4:43 pm
Non Sequitur

Not sure what the exact path is but check with your state board.  You may require an accredited M.Arch.

As for employment, that's up to you.  If you can show that you know how to assemble and design buildings according to local codes and practices, then start spreading your portfolio around.

Mar 21, 18 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
Fares khaddour

Well my university is recognized by the British Accreditation for architects (RIBA) will that be any help for me to get my license in States ? 

Jun 23, 18 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
Fares khaddour

and will (RIBA) be any good for me to find jobs easier in the states ?

Jun 23, 18 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Maybe got I've no fucking clue.  This is something you should be able to find out on your own... so you have a degree from Dubai... big woop, you can qualify as an intern and pick-up redlines in a large sweat shop style office but probably need a formal M.arch to work in the real world.

Jun 23, 18 8:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: