Archinect
anchor

Discussion forum tips and reminders

Archinect

Is a user in the discussion forum driving you crazy? It seems like there are a few out there that are, but they don't necessarily qualify (yet) for a full website banning. 

We encourage you to be proactive by using our "ignore" feature to stop seeing posts by users that you find annoying:

The "flag" feature is also very helpful for letting our moderators know if a comment needs more official attention. 

Mar 21, 18 11:43 am
form follows gumption

What a novel idea! Complaining and name calling is much more effective though.

Mar 21, 18 11:48 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

It’s the SJW way! Make a vague and poorly thought out comment like “all white people are racist” or “Stalinism was great blah blah blah” then call people names for challenging the flawed logic...then disengage from debate...

Mar 21, 18 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I’m taking a break from this site for a while...spending too much time...peace!

Mar 21, 18 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Back by popular demand I guess...gonna slow down with the posts a bit though...And only respond to people engaged in dialogue...

Mar 21, 18 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Popular demand?

Mar 21, 18 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Popular demand would mean people asking him not to leave, no?

Mar 21, 18 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

And miss out on the warmth of a good dumpster fire?  

Mar 21, 18 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

In these days of censorship I admire the restraint of Archinect. Even loonies have the right to speak. I shall be exercising the ignore feature more often. 

Archinect- in the meantime can you please add an option to turn off comment notification? I get email notifications of posts by people I've blocked ...

Mar 21, 18 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

ARCHINECT: Forum notifications are set to once daily (although I would prefer 'never'), and this is my mailbox between 3:11 and 4:20 pm today. FYI Rick is 'ignored'. That's six notifications from someone I'm ignoring in less than an hour.

Mar 21, 18 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

I solved that by changing my email address associated with this site to one that I absolutely never check.

Mar 21, 18 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

You can change your setting for any particular post using the "follow/unfollow" link at the top of the page, to get comment notifications to new comments for threads or articles that you follow. For replies to specific comments (aka threaded replies) we are working on an unsubscribe feature to stop getting replies to a specific comment that you posted or participated in.

Mar 21, 18 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Thanks for the shout-out there Miles. 8-)

Mar 21, 18 4:51 pm  · 
 · 

I'm not following the threads and I still get notifications.

Mar 21, 18 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

The notifications are for replies to a comment you posted, or that you also replied to. These are personal threaded replies, which are separate from the general comments. As mentioned ^ we are working on a way to unsubscribe to those.

Mar 21, 18 5:06 pm  · 
 · 

Interesting tidbit - the >> Last button doesn't work when the comment is by an ignored user. Nice touch.

Mar 21, 18 6:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: