Archinect
anchor

Feedback Request_Portfolio

judy_ko

HI, everyone, I’m a landscape architect but would love to try and apply jobs at architecture firms or firms that do both architecture and landscape. I could use some advice to point out my blind spot and see how I can improve my portfolio.

Here’s the link to my portfolio:https://issuu.com/judyko/docs/portfolio_szu-ling_ko__1_

Thanks ahead to everyone that is kind enough to spend time in helping me :-) .

Mar 16, 18 1:38 pm
joseffischer

I like the lego model photos!  The historic coastline diagram was neat as well.  Overall, it looks a little uncooked/light.  I'm not saying more pages equals better, maybe just some further thought put into the actual buildings, construction details, space/flow/program diagrams.  It just seems noticeable that the work is predominantly landscape work.  Maybe that's to be expected considering your work history.

Mar 16, 18 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
judy_ko

Thank you for your advice! I do feel that most companies will only have time to browse through portfolios and, therefore, I condensed most of the projects and tried to let pictures do the talking. But I see how adding more detail will make the project and my skills seem more convincing. Although I’m not sure if I should add construction details for there’s a great chance I might get it wrong, I’ll definitely take your advice and add more diagrams. Last but not least, I’d like to ask for your opinion in whether I would add more architecture projects or to complement the existing project would be good? I thought the demonstration of skills will overlap quite a lot, since my knowledge in architecture design is rather shallow, so I only come up with two in the first place.

Mar 19, 18 1:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: