Archinect
anchor

Starting New Firm [website]; Give Previous Employer Credit?

cmdace18

So I’ve left my previous job where I’ve spent a large majority of my professional career to start my own firm. I am developing my website and I probably have 10 projects that I would like to prominently display, with my own professional photos and descriptions. The question is, how do I go about giving credit to my previous employer on these projects in a discreet way? Do I skip the credit and add my role in the project as to be specific? I guess it’s part legality and part morals. I was not the architect of record on any of them, however, I was the lead designer and full time project manager on all of them, direct to client and GC. In fact the architect of record was rarely on any of the projects. Simply asking my previous employer is not an option since my resignation was shocking to them and may not be in a ‘giving’ mood.

Thoughts?

Mar 6, 18 1:27 am
Wilma Buttfit

I have a portfolio on a website instead of a business website. I list the firm name with the images and say "work completed while at xxx firm". No client calls me because they stumble across my website and want to hire, it serves as a quick way to flip through work I've done and then I get hired. Seems to work well for the start-up phase. Good luck!

Mar 6, 18 4:11 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Give full credit to past firms. We’ve recently set the lawyers on a past employee for claiming past projects as theirs without acknowledging our firm.
Mar 6, 18 7:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: