Archinect
anchor

Recommendation for any great books on Modern Details

ArchQuestion

Hi all - I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for any good books on modern detailing? Preferably one that has some good graphic details to reference. Looking for mainly contemporary/modern residential details both for interior and exterior items - everything from flush baseboards to how to details a wood soffit on an exterior overhang, etc. If it's a book that has an option to download details online that would be great also. Thank you for any help/ feedback.  

PS: Websites are good too but just wondering if there any great or classic reference books for this I don't know about...thank you!

Feb 25, 18 8:48 pm
whistler

Check out the periodical called "details"  German publisher I think,  captures lots of good innovative details.

Feb 25, 18 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
ArchQuestion

Thank you that was a great reference!

Feb 27, 18 11:33 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

If you live outside the country in which it's produced, the shipping is prohibitively expensive for a subscription. Either find a way to borrow / read them at your local college library or find an architecture book seller. They raise the cover price, but it's still cheaper per issue than the subscription + shipping.

Feb 27, 18 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Inkryptox

details in contemporary architecture.  

there is a whole series pretty good check them out on amazon

Mar 1, 18 4:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: