Archinect
anchor

Architecture Internship In South Korea

göktuğkurucu

can someone please show me the way for how to do that? I am 2. grade architecture student in Turkey.

i try to contact to firms in south korea. But no-one answers me back.  At least let me to send my portfolio.. but nah..

Feb 22, 18 12:23 pm
archmst

I'm Korean. DON'T DO THAT.

Feb 22, 18 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
göktuğkurucu

So why? I am fully in love with South Korea and also your culture. So i want to know and live in South Korea

Feb 22, 18 12:34 pm  · 
1  · 
archmst

If you change your major or job then it's totally fine... but architecture firms, mostly no money + su + cad (they don't even use Rhino or Revit in most companies) + endless overtime work + nothing to learn except very few companies.

Feb 22, 18 1:25 pm  · 
1  · 
göktuğkurucu

i do not have to choose office internship. i can choose construction internship. and to be honest i don't care about what they use or not. i just want to live in south korea. and somehow i gotta go there. and the best opportunity for me is to go there as intern. lol.

Feb 22, 18 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
larac

Hello, I am also thinking of finding an internship in South Korea out of curiosity. However, unlike Göktuğ, I am strictly looking for an office internship. I am an American living in Turkey at the moment. I am a 3rd-year architecture student. I have done a construction site internship in Turkey, and overtime work here is also frequent. Hierarchy and disrespect from higher positions are anticipated, which is why I plan on moving back to the states. However, before doing so, I want to experience the life of an architect in South Korea by doing a 2-months summer internship. What programs do they use if they do not use Rhino and Revit? We mostly use AutoCAD for 2D technical drawings and Rhino for 3D models, then use Photoshop to enhance the renderings. Or use Revit for everything. I recently started learning SketchUp and 3Ds Max. Any suggestions on what to learn to adapt to the Korean Architecture sector? Also, do you suggest any firms that we, as foreigners, should consider applying to? I started learning how to write and read Korean Hangul Alphabet, but my grammar and formal/informal communication skills are nowhere near ready for a work environment. Are there any English-friendly architecture firms that we should consider? Thank you. Looking forward to your response, Lara

Feb 25, 21 4:22 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: