Archinect
anchor

Short list for next Director of AA. Comments?

TED

Short list for next Director of AA. Comments?

Italian Pippo Ciorra(right), New York-based Spanish national Eva Franch I Gilabert(Centre);UK academic Robert Mull (left).

Feb 16, 18 12:58 pm
hellion

I just read the article. Shit! Didn't know the school was going through so much. And at such short notice! I've always had high regard for the AA. I hope they end up with someone that has that perfect balance of academe and praxis, and everything in between. I'd root for Gilabert, but I think Mull fits the role ideally.

Feb 16, 18 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
TED

AA is still a great institution - previous director pushed to expand the school and physical spaces - prior to 2003 or so, students had no facilities to work. Since the AA is not a university nor receives UK funding it is self funding. On the flip side, the UK government has been mucking with immigration and now requires (from a practice sense) places like the AA to become an award giving body and also to be qualified to sponsor students on a tier 4 visa. So increased outgoing ££, decreased incoming ££ doesn't make the job easy. The government requires an institution to put in place all these systems and structure to insure quality - it is really BS because there isn't one model for a university - so I think Mull may be the logical choice. About 18 months ago rumours afoot the AA was going to fail and was looking for a buyer - its not the only time in history that AA almost went bankrupt -

Feb 16, 18 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Who are these guys lol?

Feb 16, 18 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
TED
Bios http://search.aaschool.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/AA-School-Director-Search-Short-List.pdf
Feb 16, 18 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: