Archinect
anchor

How to progress - Help needed!

Ashy107

I’ve been working for my father for around 8 years. He is a renowned and brilliant architect mostly in the high end French provincial category. 

I document and draw up all drawings into cad. He does nearly all of the thinking and I’m not learning as much as I would like to to be placed comfortablely on track to either taking over or running my own business eventually. 

On top of this I can’t seem to get through to him my concerns about moving forward. He thinks I should just focus on getting my design skills, whereas I know there’s much more to undertake and learn about such as knowledge on materials, costing, managing clientele, understanding processes and further expanding my design skills. It’s difficult navigating my way without proper guidance. 

Im considering some ideas on various mentors and different kinds of work experience. Perhaps a day a week in another firm, chatting to builders or other architects and trying to acquire various knowledge.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Feb 15, 18 8:32 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: