Archinect
anchor

Rumor

BulgarBlogger

There is a frequent poster here who is a very very very famous starchitect... can someone guess who that is?

Feb 13, 18 10:20 am
Wilma Buttfit

FOG as Jawknee?

Feb 13, 18 10:25 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Gold

Feb 13, 18 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Crap, you've got me...

Feb 13, 18 10:50 am  · 
 · 
hellion

Hey, Winy Maas.​

Feb 13, 18 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

:) ...interviewed with him once though...

Feb 14, 18 2:25 am  · 
 · 
hellion

Hahaha Sparking intrigue to the topic. But yeah you'd be my first suspect since you mentioned before in another thread you went to TU Delft, and you're in the Netherlands, etc. :)

Feb 15, 18 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I did have a meeting the other day with a guy who sat next to Winy on a plane, Winy even sat in his seat at first...

Feb 16, 18 11:38 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

You caught me... 

I'm Ted Mosby.

Feb 13, 18 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

who cares

Feb 13, 18 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Sounds like someone is being catfished.

Feb 13, 18 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier

Shit. I thought changing my name to a liquor would be adequate disguise.

Feb 13, 18 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
flatroof

Balkins is a star, we all know that.

Feb 13, 18 4:48 pm  · 
 · 

Other than me?

Feb 13, 18 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Feb 13, 18 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

i'd guess patrik, but i don't think he could stand the anonymity and lack of attention.

Feb 13, 18 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
threadkilla

Schumacher was posting for a period under his real name, in a thread that called his randian theories into question, if memory serves me well...

Feb 13, 18 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Is it Daniel Libeskind?

Feb 13, 18 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Daniel Libes-kid.

Feb 14, 18 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Kind already means kid in Dutch/German/Yiddish, and Libeskind or rather Liebeskind means love child in German I guess and sweetheart in Yiddish, not sure something like that or other way around.

Feb 16, 18 11:43 am  · 
 · 

It couldn't be Patrik, he can't get both feet out of his mouth at the same time.

Unless he's posting as JawkneeMusic.

Feb 13, 18 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
threadkilla

Bjarke?

Whoever he or she is, if the rumour is true, I hope they're not avoiding the action over in "guess the plan"

Feb 13, 18 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
threadkilla

...Greg Lynn or Hernan Diaz Alonso? The first would be casual and chill, the second would be pretty intense...

Feb 13, 18 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Neither of them qualify as very very very famous starchitect, do they?

Feb 14, 18 2:23 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I work in an office of 20+ and I guarantee none of them have ever even heard of archinect. This must be a joke. No offense to the website, I've been here for 10+ years, but if you're chasing work and/or putting together big contracts, you don't have time for posting online. 

Feb 14, 18 12:40 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Yes, but starchitects have to do something when flying all over the world to present slide shows to students, can't think of a better way to spend time waiting on airports :)

Feb 14, 18 3:58 am  · 
 · 

If it's not Brad Pitt I'll be disappointed. I mean I love architects, all of us, even though we all drive me crazy, but frankly I'm more interested in Pitt's opinions on most things <swoon>.

Feb 15, 18 4:25 pm  · 
 · 

Aside from a tiny hammer and a couple hundred million Brad has nothing on me.

Feb 15, 18 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^ Two famous and (some might say) hot ex-wives?

Feb 15, 18 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Tiny hammer? Is he a carpenter too? Brad's a Jack of all trades it seems.

Feb 16, 18 11:33 am  · 
 · 
randomised

"^ Two famous and (some might say) hot ex-wives?"

Who are both single again, so good luck!

Feb 16, 18 11:33 am  · 
 · 

Somebody get the smelling salts ready for Donna

Feb 16, 18 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Hard to tell... but that looks like a finish hammer... plus brads not an Architect...

Feb 16, 18 2:16 pm  · 
 · 

Miles how did you post that image in a Reply comment? I've not figured out how to do that yet.

Feb 16, 18 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

(With apologies to Donna) Why is he holding the hammer like that?

Feb 16, 18 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Plus... who wears a watch to a construction site....no one if they're really swinging a hammer...

Feb 16, 18 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

He's not really hammering, he's DIRECTING. Because he's from HOLLYWOOD. And he's wearing a watch to make sure the crew gets their mandated breaks because he's CARING. And he's wearing a T-shirt because he's SEXY. You guys are mean. ;-)

Feb 16, 18 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I do dig those aviator shades, I must admit.

Feb 16, 18 7:26 pm  · 
 · 

It's Non

But I'm not going to divulge his secret identity.

Feb 21, 18 9:41 am  · 
 · 

Eh, doubt it. Non is smarter and more caring than every starchitect I've ever met.

Feb 21, 18 9:43 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Thanks Donna... and Miles, please, don't reveal that I'm Batman.

Feb 21, 18 9:48 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Are there any other Canadian starchitects besides Gehry?

Feb 21, 18 10:43 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Rando, some, but they are mostly starchitects within Canada only. Non have the philosophical presence of Rem, or Zaha, etc. We're modest quiet folks after all.

Feb 21, 18 10:50 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Indeed, this entire starchitecture fascination seems un-Canadian by default.

Feb 21, 18 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

indeed. I once had a pint with one we could consider "star" a few years back. He was genuinely interested in my projects and what I had to say. As for true Canadian starchitect, outside of Franky... look no further that Safdie's glorious mustache.

Feb 21, 18 11:32 am  · 
 · 

Safdie's mustache is a wonder of the created world, indeed. Is Patkau a starchitect?

Feb 21, 18 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^only in British Columbia.

Same with MacKay-Lyons Sweetapples on the east coast.

Feb 21, 18 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Someone should post that the starchitects Brad Pit commissioned who designed the ultra-modern houses following Katrina had no idea what they were doing in the hot, humid NO climate. As a result many of their houses are rotting and filled with mold and uninhabitable. Also the bizarre forms of many houses took displaced residents, who had already been severely traumatized, way out of their comfort zone. The Katrina Cottages, trite as some here think they may be, is what many residents wanted and were grateful for.

Feb 21, 18 10:59 am  · 
 · 

Yeah, Volunteer, I agree; I was really unhappy with most of the Katrina projects by Brad's gang. Not good, and in some cases straight up embarrassing - that one that was bent in the middle, maybe by DSR? Ugh. Horrid.

Feb 21, 18 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

So Bulgar, who is it? I need to know, asking for a friend.

Feb 21, 18 11:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: